Friday, 26 February 2016

Love You Always Skippy ♥

* Sad news post * 

Skippy had to be put down Wednesday 24th :(
When I was getting ready for work Wednesday morning my dad told me Skippy hadn't been able to use his legs all night and that he would take him to the vets first thing. At 5pm we went to pick him up and the vets told us that a growth in his spinal cords has caused him to become paralysed from below the neck. Although we were able to take him home and he wasn't in any pain, he probably wouldn't be able to stay alive as he couldn't feed himself or go to the toilet by himself or move around at all for that matter :( He'd never be able to run again!! Also because there was no blood circulation his legs would gradually go cold. So there we had it, hit with the fact in less than 12 hours we'd have to say our goodbyes for good. It was so sad, but for me what made it worse was the fact he was so stressed and worried because he barely knew what was going on. We took him home and once he realised a bit that it would be ok he stopped panicking. We lay him on his chair and then slowely everyone arrived home and got hit with the news. It was sad, really sad. By 7pm my parents were driving him back to the vets and that was that. 

I feel ok now. Wednesday I was so upset because I was thinking of how I'll never be able to walk him again, never be able to play with him again, never be able to enjoy his company again. But I guess it's just the way life goes, and the main thing I keep reminding myself is that I have so many great memories with him, so many adventures and fun walks. So many happy times. 
And this is kind of what I wanted to do this post for, I went through a lot of my old blog posts with the tag "Skippy" and found a bunch of photos with him that really make me truly happy. I am also in the process of looking for an old hard-drive we have with all the old family pics (including a lot of puppy pics!), but I really don't know where I've put it. Maybe I'll make another small blog post when I do find it. 

I loved Skippy so much, no one with every understand how much. He was such a wonderful companion and every moment I spent with him it was enjoyed. Everyone who met him loved him and it hurts so much to think it was less than a week ago I was running round the rec with him. He will never be forgotten, thanks partly to this blog and my love of taking photos and capturing moments. 
I know a lot of people won't be bothered and that's fine, but if you feel like massively procrastinating, feel free to follow this link and scroll through all the happy times I've spent with such a wonderful dog: Skippy Posts ♥
RIP buddy 
Louise
X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts below:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...